Best Types of Women’s Shoes
Women’s shoes are essential accessories that are as functional as they are a style statement. With a diverse range of women’s shoes on offer, check out some of the most popular and enduring shoe types:
- Heels – From low-heels to stilettos, heels are versatile enough for different occasions, from nights out on the town to corporate parties and even elegant weddings.
- Sandals – Sandals are quintessential summer shoes that are open to keep feet cool and comfy.
- Sneakers – A pair of faithful sneakers will see you through every season. They’re the top choice for gym shoes and can be paired with loungewear or dressed up with blazers and pants for smart casual.
- Boots - Women’s boots work with jeans, pants, dresses, skirts and more. You can find them in every style, from ankle to knee-high.
- Slides – Open-toed and backless, slides are summer-loving casual shoes that are made for strolling around markets and lazing by the poolside.
Shoes To Wear With Jeans
The right shoes can take your favourite pair of jeans from casual to dressy. Sneakers and jeans are a classic combo. They’re the ultimate weekend shoe and combine comfort, style and practicality. White sneakers and blue jeans look fresh and are always in! Dress up jeans and other pants with a pair of heels, a bright top and some jewellery. A belt can add extra character and tie everything together.
In the winter, team jeans with boots and style with some cute knitwear or a slouchy jumper or cardigan. You can buy shoes online when you shop at Sportsgirl that go with every type of jeans.
Shoes To Wear With Dresses
There are plenty of shoes to wear with dresses to suit every occasion. Open-toed sandals and slides are flat for comfortably walking around shops or markets and pair perfectly with short or long dresses. Kick it up a notch with some mules for lunching with friends, or throw on some sneakers with a mini dress for something fun and casual. We love strappy heels for a girl’s night out, while ankle boots teamed with flowy peasant dresses and cardigans are ideal for the cooler months.
Essential Shoes to Have in Your Wardrobe
You can never have too many women’s shoes! In fact, it’s a good idea to have one of every major type of shoe to pull out during every season and every occasion.
Heels are a must that can take you from work to a night out, and you can find them in a variety of different styles and heel heights. Slingbacks make sophisticated work shoes to pair with blazers, shirts and full length pants, while heeled sandals are fancier than thongs and loafers but just as comfy. High heels are made for parties and nights on the town, while block heel mules make an AM outfit a little dressier.
Summer days will be here to stay with oh-so-comfy flatforms and slides that are easy to team with shorts, singlets and linen dresses. Boots will have you covered for the winter.
Sneakers are essential casual shoes made for everything from shopping to chilling with besties.
Trending Styles and Colours
From black leather and tan leather ankle boots to rose gold mules and hot pink mules... so many colours and styles to choose from with women’s shoes! At Sportsgirl, we’ve rounded up the best picks this season to flaunt all over town. Put your best foot forward with these trending shoes:
- Black slides
- Comfy block heels
- Strappy sandals
- Woven slides
- Pointed boots
- Denim sneakers
- White sneakers
- Metallic sneakers
Shoes Perfect For a Night Out on the Town
A good pair of heels never lets you down when it’s time to party! Timeless and feminine, they instantly take a going-out outfit up a notch, especially when teamed with jewellery and a cute handbag. For something elegant, choose a strappy heel with buckle closure in classic black to go with that little black dress!
Shoes For Everyday Comfort and Style
For those days when comfort is a must but you still want to look stylish, a pair of slides with a wide fit is super easy to slip on with your joggers, jeans and other bottoms. Flatforms give you more height than a ballet flat and are an effortless way to dress up shorts and basic tees.
In the winter, Chelsea boots are a classic, easy to pull on and off and go with all your skirts, pants, tops and outerwear. White sneakers are quintessential comfort shoes for any season. Slip them on with your fave denim and hoodies, or cosy up with tights and slouchy knitwear when out and about.
Discover the perfect shoe for you when you shop our new arrivals and trusty best sellers! Add your faves to a wishlist or spoil a loved one with a Sportsgirl gift card. Checkout with Afterpay and enjoy free delivery when you spend over $80.
How Should Shoes Fit?
No matter which style you choose, the best pair of shoes are comfortable shoes! Skip the aching toes and choose a pair of shoes that fit you perfectly with these tips:
- Leave a 1cm gap between your foot and the top of the shoe.
- The width should be snug, but you should still have room to wear a sock.
- The top of the shoe shouldn’t push down on your toes. Make sure you can still flex your foot comfortably to avoid pain.
- Heels should fit firmly around the back of the foot to prevent instability.
How Do You Find Your Size in Shoes?
Buying shoes online can be tricky. When you browse our shoes for women, you can use our shoe size chart to help you find the right shoe for you. We have shoes in a wide range of sizes from size 5.5 up to size 12 shoes. To find your size in shoes and clothing, simply:
- Click on ‘What’s My Size’ on your favourite items
- Use our tips to measure yourself correctly
- Click on ‘Clothing’ or ‘Shoes’ to convert your size into Sportsgirl sizes
Check out our newest trendy shoes online, or use our Store Locator to find your nearest Sportsgirl and try them on in-store. Our FAQs are handy for answering all of your burning questions about shopping for shoes in Australia with Sportsgirl!