Top Tips for Styling a Bag With Your Outfit
Bags are essential women's accessories that can complete your outfit and carry all your essentials throughout the day. Matching your bag to your clothing isn't as hard as it may seem, and you have tons of options for creating any look you want!
A plain-coloured shoulder bag makes a great bag for work, especially when teamed with a blouse, pants and heels for business casual. Add a matching belt to complete the look. A bag with pockets is always handy as you can safely stash small items like keys, lipstick and your phone. Tote bags are the ultimate weekend bag for heading to the beach and out shopping. They're extra roomy for holding all of your essentials and look cute when styled with casual shorts, skirts and graphic tees.
Crossbody bags are fun and versatile, perfect for any occasion. Layer them over a crop top and some wide leg jeans, or break up a matching two-piece set with a contrasting crossbody bag. Take your going-out look to the next level with a bright clutch bag to go with a mini dress, statement jewellery and chunky mules.
Types of Bags Should Every Girl Have
We say that you can never have enough women's bags! Some bags are super versatile and can be used anywhere, while others are better suited for a specific purpose. Cover yourself for every occasion by adding these high-rotation bags to your collection:
- Compact quilted bags with a short strap are the ultimate 90s bag. Whether you go for plain or print, these so-in-right-now bags will take you from work to weekend and everywhere in between.
- Shoulder bags are most women's go-to bags. They're an everyday bag with the perfect size for taking to dinner, to work or out and about.
- A duffle bag is the best weekender bag and is big enough to hold everything for your next weekend away. It can also double as a convenient gym bag for towels, clothes and a drink bottle.
- Wallets and card holders are must-have bags for holding your important personal items, such as credit cards, ID and keys.
- A makeup bag will keep all of your beauty essentials in one place.
- The roomy size of a tote bag makes it a must-have bag for all women. Perfect for those who love to carry everything with them wherever they go, this bag can fit laptops, jackets, drink bottles and more inside.
- Going out bags are great for nights out and versatile enough for daytime use. They hold your essentials and easily complement any outfit, day or night.
- Camera bags are must-haves for anyone into photography. They protect your camera and look good doing it.
Types of Bags Go With Everything
Solid-coloured handbags are the easiest type of handbag to match with any outfit. Black, white, bone, tan and taupe are neutral-coloured bags that go with pretty much everything and are just as appropriate to take to work and formal events as a fun night out or a weekend shopping spree.
If bright and beautiful is more your thing, a shoulder bag or crossbody bag in a solid shade can dress up a basic t-shirt and wide leg jeans or add a pop of colour to a plain outfit or a little black dress.
Choosing a Handbag Colour
The colour of your bag can make or break an outfit. You can go for a neutral shade that will be easy to mix and match, or choose a brightly coloured bag to add interest and contrast to your clothes and shoes. Consider these factors when choosing a bag colour:
- Your outfit and current wardrobe colours
- Your personal preferences. Do you like bold and vibrant shades, pretty pastels or dark and muted tones?
- The season. Traditionally, light colours are preferred in summer, while dark colours are kept for the colder months. However, rules are made to be broken! A brightly coloured bag can add a touch of summery warmth to a muted winter outfit.
Find the perfect bag at Sportsgirl with our huge range of bags for women. We've got bags for every occasion to spoil yourself or give as a gift to your bestie on their birthday! Shop our handbags online or use the Store Locator to find your nearest Sportsgirl and visit us in-store.
Styles of bags trending this season
Our new in bags are ready to pair up with your weekend, work and party outfits with the trendiest styles and colours to hit this season.
Shop top handle bags with a super cute square shape that can either be carried by hand or slung over the shoulder in neutral tones or bright, fun colours like hot pink and orange.
Crossbody bags are everyday essentials, from woven straw bags for beach days to sleek black bags with a luxe feel for work and going out.
Tote bags are for days when you need to fit more than your essentials, perfect for short trips, uni and all-day shopping sprees. Large tote bags give you extra room, while our canvas tote bag with the Sportsgirl logo is a go-everywhere favourite.
Mini bags are made for a night out, the ideal accessory to your little black dresses and party heels. Go for a fun quilted pink bag, or choose a faux leather croc bag for a sleek and modern look.
Everyday bags need to hold all of your daily essentials, from lipstick and sunnies to phones, plus look good with all of your everyday outfits. A crossbody bag is the perfect all-rounder, just the right size to store everything you need while still being compact enough to go from desk to drinks. Our new season tote bags fit more in if you need them, while duffle bags are big enough to stas
The perfect everyday bagh everything from sweatshirts and activewear outfits for the gym to cute summer dresses for a weekend away.
We've got bestsellers for every shopper at Sportsgirl, with our new arrivals soaring high on everyone's wishlist. Add your must-haves to your virtual shopping bag and checkout using a credit card for Afterpay with free delivery of over $80 AUD in Australia and returns that are fast and easy. Know a bestie who needs a new bag? Spoil her with a Sportsgirl gift card!
What are some of the features of a woman's bag?
Women's bags come equipped with different features that make them easier to use and more stylish to wear. Be on the lookout for these handy features:
- Bag straps
- Magnet closures
- Shoulder straps
What is the difference between a purse and a handbag?
A handbag is generally any bag that you sling over your shoulder or hold by the handle with pockets, zippers and compartments to keep all of your daily essentials. These can include satchel bags, crossbody bags, bucket bags and clutch bags.
Purse can mean a couple of different things. In America, purse can be another word used to describe a handbag. It can also mean a wallet used as a cardholder for storing your money and important ID.